1. Shower and wash hair (so it's clean if they shave it off), brush teeth, skip deodorant and skin lotion as directed in instructions, wrangle stiff limbs into clothing
2. Wake up Wonderful Husband (I bet he didn't sleep much either)
3. Double check contents of Aware In Care kit and take it with me, including huge "I am allergic to adhesives sign"
4. Put "Who to call list" in Wonderful Husband's shirt pocket along with cell phone
5. Make sure I have picture ID (like an impostor would want to take my place??) and Insurance Card
6. Make sure Wonderful Husband has a jacket (it will be freezing in waiting area), a magazine to read and some hard candy to snack on
7. Take allowed medications with a sip of water
8. Drive carefully to hospital, this is not a good time to get in an accident
9. I am not sure, but I think the "Don't shave for at least two days prior to surgery" instruction was a mistake, at least in my case
Darn! I forgot to pack my HOT PINK LIPSTICK!
Clicking on the colored words will open a new window and take you to a different story or link.